Going to Jamaica is a fantastic way of spending a holiday vacation. With its island vibe, lovely beaches, and exciting dive sites, it is no surprise that it is always in the list of dream vacations beach lovers have.
For people who regularly consume Cannabidiol Oil, it is crucial to know about the country’s guidelines in possessing and consuming Cannabidiol oil and CBD based products in Jamaica.
What are the existing laws on CBD consumption in Jamaica?
It is fundamentally good news for CBD Oil users because Jamaica is upbeat when it comes to Cannabidiol Oil use. The country even takes pride in producing the highest quality of Hemp-Derived oil or CBD, since the cultivation of Hemp is a prevailing industry in their country.
CBD Oil is extracted from Hemp and contains no more than .3 percent of Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC. THC is the compound found in Cannabis or Marijuana that alters a person’s consciousness. The mind alteration levels are usually described as euphoric, feeling high or feeling stoned. Marijuana can contain up to 30% of THC levels. Hence it remains to be an illegal substance in most countries around the world.
Available only in Pharmacies and Dispensaries
Cannabidiol Oil can be purchased in and around Jamaica, but only in registered pharmacies and medical dispensaries nationwide. A registered pharmacist should likewise dispense the CBD product.
The inclination to distribute CBD Oil through pharmacies and dispensaries is due to Jamaica’s recognition of CBD’s medicinal benefits. In Jamaica, CBD Oil and its by-products are widely regarded as an excellent pain reliever, natural anti-inflammatory medicine, an anti-seizure medication.
How Jamaicans use Cannabidiol Oil
Most Jamaicans recognize the myriad benefits of CBD Oil usage. They have known it as a highly effective herbal remedy for even the most serious of illnesses. Just like in the United States, CBD Oil is used to prevent seizures among pediatric patients that suffer from two of the most dreaded epileptic syndromes: the Dravett Epileptic Syndrome and the Lennox-Gastaut Epileptic Syndrome.
Here are other ways CBD Oil is being used in Jamaica:
1. Everyday pain reliever. Jamaicans have realized that Cannabidiol is a great natural pain reliever for daily muscle pains, headaches, and body aches. CBD Tablets are available for pain relief in most pharmacies.
2. Chronic Pain Relief. In Jamaica, Cannabidiol Oil helps ease chronic body pain associated with rheumatism, arthritis, fibromyalgia, bone diseases, and more. Since CBD Oil is plant-based, Jamaicans have come to realize that the possibility of incurring side effects is less compared to using over-the-counter drugs.
3. Pain associated with terminal illnesses. Jamaicans use CBD supplements to relieve pain associated with end-stage cancer, neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis, degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s. Harnessing the wonders of this locally cultivated plant-based medicine has become practical for Jamaica’s populace.
4. Avoiding Seizures among children. Just like in the United States, Jamaica has come to recognize Cannabidiol Oil’s role in decreasing or preventing pediatric seizures. Jamaica even takes pride in producing high-quality hemp-derived Cannabidiol that helps epileptic patients reduce their seizure episodes.
5. Anti-inflammatory supplement. Jamaicans swear by CBD’s effectiveness in battling acute pain and inflammation. Cannabidiol Oil’s anti-inflammatory properties can help in relieving inflammatory diseases that hamper the everyday lives of some Jamaicans.
6. Relief from mental conditions. Jamaicans have experienced that Cannabidiol’s ability to relax the mind and body goes beyond the usual relaxation and recreational effect. It helps in curing psychological issues such as generalized Anxiety, Clinical Depressions, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and even Severe Stress.
7. Natural sleep aid. Either orally consumed or topically applied during massage sessions, Jamaicans have come to appreciate CBD’s effectiveness in promoting better sleep. Cannabidiol Oil helps healthier sleep patterns by tackling the root cause of sleeplessness. Usual root causes that Cannabidiol Oil resolves are incessant worrying, stress, and head and body aches.
8. Improve heart health. Jamaicans are huge meat eaters, and to balance this off, they know that they would need exercise, healthy sleep patterns, and a helpful cardiovascular supplement. Cannabidiol Oil helps improve heart health by regulating blood pressure. Its anti-inflammatory properties complemented by anti-oxidants and essential omega fatty acids pave the way for improved heart health.
9. Better Skin health. Jamaicans are aware of the multitude of uses of Cannabidiol Oil to improve one’s health condition, including the skin. For Jamaicans, Cannabidiol Oil topical creams provide a massive relief for skin asthma or atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, and even excessive pimple growth. Jamaicans also recognize its dermatological benefits, including its intense moisturizing effect. It is also anti-acne, and it also helps in promoting youthful and suppler skin.
Ways to Consume CBD in Jamaica
CBD is consumed in a variety of ways in Jamaica. This includes the following forms of CBD and CBD-based products:
a. CBD Tablets and Capsules
b. CBD Vaping concentrates
c. CBD Tincture Extracts
d. CBD Gummies and Chewables
e. CBD-Infused Dessert Items and Sweets (including chocolates, candies, candied dessert items and more)
f. CBD infused beverages such as coffees, teas, smoothies, shakes, and juices
g. CBD based dishes and pastry products
h. CBD Massage Oils
i. CBD Topical Creams and Ointments
Jamaica is indeed a haven for Cannabidiol oil users who consume the hemp-derived oil for wellness and medicinal purposes. Possession of Cannabidiol Oil is not illegal as long as it does not contain more than .3% of THC and if procured at a registered pharmacy for medicinal purposes.